Service Agreement Review and Filing:
- Review service agreements and work with attorneys and internal clients to resolve any legal or drafting issues regarding same.
- Prepare and/or review service agreement filing packages, manage conformance reviews, and assist in filing with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”).
- Prepare and/or review consents to assignment and agreements to amend; and manage the assignment and amendment processes.
- Administer, process and maintain Network Integration Service Transmission Agreements, Transmission Service Agreements including the tracking of effective and expiration dates, and coordination with both internal and external clients.
- Implement customer rollover requests and provide oversight/support to the transmission service process.
- Track status of service agreement filings and prepare all related communications and documentation regarding the same.
- Prepare and manage breach and default notices through cancellation filings with the FERC.
- Monitor ongoing conference calls and attend appropriate meetings relative to Electric Quarterly Report (EQR) user group.
- Prepare information to include in EQR reports.
Organize Case Files and Documents, Assist in Cases:
- Maintain files and facilitate and assist in the management of FERC legal proceedings.
- Provide legal support for counsel in the stakeholder process, and in litigation and regulatory proceedings both at the state and federal levels.
- Assist in administering the filing system for the Law Department.
- Assist in FERC filings by organizing relevant governing agreement and tariff controlling document sections, assisting counsel in drafting filing letters.
- Assist attorneys in the preparation and filing of pleadings and motions.
- Manage service and postings of filed documents.
- Monitor FERC technical conferences and hearings and prepare summaries/documents as requested by counsel
- Review membership documents and agreements for conformity, and prepare draft FERC filing for non-conforming agreements.
- Oversee web posting of Transmission Owners Agreement - Administrative Committee Non-Disclosure Agreement Certificate Signatories as new certificates received for timely posting on TOA-AC web site.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to membership inquiries from both internal and external customers.
- Maintain updated website information for the membership.
- Maintain and audit all membership information within CRM and other applicable data repositories.
Conduct Legal and Factual Research, Prepare Memos, Reports and Other:
- Undertake legal research and analysis on regulatory matters at the federal level.
- Prepare research memos and other legal documents.
- Prepare, maintain and update various reports used both internally and externally, including but not limited to upcoming filings, regulatory reports and status reports.
- Prepare and circulate summaries of various pleadings in legal proceedings of interest.
- Prepare informative or explanatory material on laws, federal regulations, and federal agency policy for general use by counsel.
- Pull relevant documents, proofread papers, organize exhibits, affidavits and execute other tasks as assigned by counsel in the preparation of motion filings.
- Compose letters, memos, agendas, minutes, charts, pleadings and other material of more complex nature as directed.
- Draft FERC filings as requested.
- Maintain database by organizing document control; designing easy-access retrieval systems; supervising summarization, coding and storage of documents; maintaining and updating system; assisting attorneys in information retrieval.
- Assist with the preparation of various contracts and other agreements.