Automatic Generation Control (AGC) Support
- Monitor the overall performance of the AGC process and support AGC model and application tuning to ensure that optimal control is being executed in real time.
- Calculation and monitoring of Area Control Error (ACE). •Implement PJM Tie-Line Modeling Process, including impacts to ACE calculation for modeling new tie-lines, dynamic schedules, or pseudo-ties.
- Monitoring regulation issues, coding changes for reserves and transfer limits.
Generator Outage Coordination and Performance Monitoring
- Manage generator outage request process, and monitoring of reserve margins.
- Tracking of planned, maintenance, and forced outages, and impact on reserves.
- Tracking of generation retirements, new generation, and impact on capacity projections.
- Ensure generator compliance with PJM reporting requirements.
- Identification and reporting of generation performance, including development of internal generator performance tools; outreach with generation resources as needed to resolve issues identified.
- Continuous enhancement of PJM outage processing tool to maximize outage coordination and reporting.
- Provide business knowledge for generator reactive testing process.
- Obtain and maintain generator data for various databases and applications, including administration of generator owner data surveys and seasonal fuel inventory surveys.
- Coordinate generator voltage schedule processes.
- Administer PJM Cold Weather Resource Operational Exercise.
- Facilitate generator compliance issues.
- Generator Modeling - Coordinate with other PJM staff to provide technical interaction with interconnecting generation owners on modeling, communications, equipment, and data issues.
- Coordinate changes related to generation owner modifications to ownership, modeling issues.
- Coordinate initiatives to assess the modeling and operational impacts of Distributed Energy Resources / Behind the Meter Generation.
- Administer the PJM Generator Data Confidentiality Process for Transmission Owners to obtain real time generator data for operational analysis.
- Hydro Scheduling – support building of appropriate hydro models, maintain hydro calculator tools and provide technical support for Dispatch for hydro schedules.
Support PJM Gas / Electric Coordination initiatives, including gas pipeline analysis during winter operations and process improvements and outreach with gas pipelines / LDCs.
- Provide support to the process of producing the load forecasts. Be an expert in the operation of the various load forecasting applications and processes, including interface with meteorologist and Dispatch.
- Coordination of wind and solar power forecasting programs and associated tools, including wind and solar power forecast vendor services, and incorporation of wind and solar power forecast into real-time operations and markets tools.
Black Start Service
- Coordinate issues related to Transmission Owner restoration plans, black start / critical load balance and black start generation units.
- Administer the black start replacement process to procure additional black start resources as needed.
- Coordinate load flow and dynamic simulations for cranking paths used in restoration plans.
Nuclear Generation Coordination
- •Coordinate operations with the Nuclear Plant Generator Operator entities to ensure the Nuclear Plant Interface Requirements (NPIR) are addressed.
•On-Call Support / Administration - Provide on-call support as required for key areas, and emergency operations support as needed by Dispatch.
•Maintain applicable PJM manuals and support NERC Standards development and compliance activities as required. •Support for Generation Department initiatives with PJM stakeholder groups, including presentations.
•Support for generation outage related data requests.